Have you ever searched online directories for local products and services? If so that puts you with about 92% of the population. Now what if I told you that nearly half of the information in those hyperlocal directories is incorrect, out of date, or incomplete? Sounds like a major problem, right? Then my next question is, what about your business? Is the online information for your business current, complete, and correct? Chances are, there is bad information on the web about your business. Incorrect information leads to lost revenue, and unhappy customers, and who wants that?
5 Things You Need to Know About Digital Directories:
- There are hundreds of digital directories that share information about your business with potential customers who are actively searching for your products or services.
- It is time consuming for businesses to manually update and manage these listings. Checking and updating just the most popular directories can take 10 to 15 hours.
- There are tools available for managing online directory listings, ranging from free to a few hundred dollars. However some of these tools are complicated to use for beginners. It’s also important to remember that, as in most things, you get what you pay for.
- Managing your information in online directories is an ongoing process as your business grows and changes. It makes sense to invest in a solution that will work for your business for the long haul.
- The bottom line is, that understanding and managing your information in hyperlocal services and online directories brings rewards, so make the decision to do it right.
Lowcountry Media Solutions has extensive national and international experience in business driven internet marketing. We offer solutions for your company’s internet marketing needs, including managing your business information in online directories. To get started today with a digital directory management solution, please contact us or check how you’re listed.